Here are the 2 NOs right off the bat.
- If your phone is brand new out of the box, NO.
- If you recently upgraded the phone via iTunes to 3.1.3, NO.
Below are the possible scenarios:
- iPhone original: firmware 3.1.2 or below
- iPhone 3G: firmware 3.1.2 with modem 05.11.07 or below
- iPhone 3Gs: firmware 3.1.2 with modem 05.11.07 or below
If you don’t know how to find out what firmware version the iPhone has:
- press the icon that looks like gears (settings)
- select general
- select about
- scroll down to read the firmware version